Columbia Alliance for Economic Growth
The Columbia Alliance for Economic Growth is an all volunteer economic development entity dedicated to providing programs and services that actively promote increased and improved business attraction, creation, retention and expansion in the Columbia-Montour County region, resulting in growth in the area’s tax base, expanded and improved employment opportunities, and a better standard of living for residents of our region.
Through DRIVE, the Columbia Alliance offers an array of services to business owners, site location consultants, developers, and property managers, including site tours, construction logistics (local permitting requirements, infrastructure), introductions to local officials and other local contacts, and access to financing and incentive opportunities.
The Columbia Alliance, in partnership with the Columbia County Industrial Development Authority, recently completed a 52-acre business park (pictured above) located less than 2 miles from Downtown Bloomsburg. The Business Park offers high visibility to any partnering business, as it is located directly off of Interstate 80 at the Lightstreet exit (236).
The Business Park is comprised of seven lots that are ideal for light industrial uses. The park is already home to a Fairfield Inn and Suites , with other development plans well underway. Lot 7 (8.66 Acres) is still available for $150,000. For more information about this investment opportunity, please contact Jennifer Wakeman at 570-284-4296.
- Vic Klein, Chair
- Lance Diehl, 1st Vice Chair, First Columbia Bank & Trust
- Fred Gaffney, Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce
- Dean Girton, Girton Manufacturing
- Ralph Gitz, The Howard Company
- Axel Heinrich, Kawneer
- David Kurecian, Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau
- Harry Mathias, Central Columbia Area School District
- Susan McGarry, ArchCentral Architects
- Jim Nemeth, Autoneum
- Al Neuner, Geisinger Health System
- Claude Renninger, Renco Home & Sports Center
- Deb Sokol, Sokol Construction
- Jim Spangenberg, Generations Construction
- Chris Young, Columbia County Commissioner
Jennifer Wakeman, 570-284-4296